Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

Great Gatsby: What I Wore To The Cinema!

Hello Lovelies

I thought I'd do a quick blog post about what I wore to the cinema last night as I quite liked what I wore as it gave a retro feel.




This is the outfit that I wore last night, I stuck with the monochrome look but then wore red lipstick and had curled hair to give it that retro feel. The top that I'm wearing is from River Island and I got it a couple of years ago, I got the skirt as a present from Topshop, black tights you can get anywhere and the leather jacket was my mums in the 80's/90's. I added two rings, both from New Look, and wore my watch (which I always wear, which is from Argos) . I really liked this look as it captured the retro feel of Great Gatsby and I just loved wearing it!



I also wore some studded brogues that I got in a sale at River Island to accentuate the vintage look. I really like these shoes as they are so so so comfortable and they look really nice. Plus, the studs are superbly glued/stitched on, so they won't be coming off any time soon. 


To match the brown on the brogues, I also wore my brown/cream satchel from Primark! I also got this a long time ago after seeing it in Look and it was a complete bargain, as Primark always is. The cream bit canvas and the brown part is fake leather. 

Overall, I had a wonderful evening and Great Gatsby was so good and I now want to marry Leonardo DiCaprio. The cars in the film were amazing, not to mention the clothing and the makeup. Maybe, after all my exams are finished, I'll do a makeup tutorial on the 1920's makeup look and I also want to try finger curls as they look really difficult but I'm up for a challenge.

Also, sorry for the quality of the photographs, I had to quickly take photos of the outfit on my phone. I then edited them with a great app called Snapseed which is made by Nikon?

Thank you for reading! Please go and see Great Gatsby because it's such a great film and the soundtrack for the film was absolutely awesome.

Bye my lovelies!


6 comments:

  1. that outfit is so cute! I'm a big fan of the book, and I loved the film so much that I ended up seeing it twice :) love your blog xx

    www.ellestolemyname.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! & I'm going to read the book as soon as possible but I can't express how much I loved the film, it was just so so good

      Delete
  2. Looove the outfit! and the satchel! (:

    Feel free to check out my blog and maybe we can follow each other? (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I've looked at your blog and I love it. I think it'd be great to follow eachother!:)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I really love those brogues!
    Great blog :)

    bello-moda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the brogues so much, they're so comfy!

      Delete