Pages

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Review: Benefit Push-Up Liner

Jumping on the beauty wagon yet again, I have picked up a sample (from Boots) of Benefit's Push-Up Liner! Being brave and asking for samples from counters always works well and surprisingly you get quite a lot of product in the tester! Not too shabby...

On with the review, bottom line, this product is awesome. Usually I'm not a supporter for high-end makeup as I'm a total drugstore girl and love the quality of some of the drugstore products but this one is that little bit better. For those of you who have been living under a rock and do not know what makes this liner so special, this liner is gel liner in a pen!!!! Say what? The pen has an awesome nib which allows you to get close to the lash line and get a seriously precise line, very good for drawing flicks for your cat eye.

Benefit claims a number of statistics:

' 91%  of women said it was long wearing, 81% of women said it was waterproof, 88% said it hugged the lashline, 84% said eyes looked visibly larger'

So let's discuss these claims. I agree with the claim that it is long wearing, I've been wearing it from the morning to the evening and it lasts all night.
The waterproof claim, I have no opinion of because I haven't tried it with water but I know that it is an absolute pain to remove. You're going to need some very good eye makeup remover for this one (examples, Garnier Micellar Solution or LancĂ´me's eye makeup remover) as makeup wipes will not do the trick.
As expressed before, I agree with the fact that it hugs the lashline but I did have to do some tightlining as well to make sure the line was very black.
'Eyes looked visibly larger' well is it just me but do all eyeliners make your eyes look big? Probably just me but I think mascara is the real secret behind bigger looking eyes.

The one complaint I do have about this is that I found that it smudged a little but it could have been this or the pencil I used  to tight line as I have found some rather random black patches.

If I could, I would buy this product but on a student budget, it's really not feasible at £18.50 per tube, but if you really want this (I would recommend it) then here's a link! Even if you're not going to buy it, check out the awesome nib on the liner, it is truly magnificent.

Overall, application: very good, lasting power: very good, removability: extremely difficult and price: slightly overpriced.

 Love you guys lots and speak to you soon
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment